May break my bones

Friday, November 18, 2005

Scone: Sweet Marie Bars

Ohhhh, I almost wish I'd never learned how to make these. They're so easy, and so good, they're my freakin' Kryptonite.

1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups Rice Krispies

Chocolate frosting

Melt together the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Fold in the Rice Krispies until well coated. Press into a greased 8x8 pan. Top with chocolate icing - you can make your own or buy it, I'm very very lazy and for this recipe I prefer to buy it.

You can eat them right away - warning very, very messy, utentsils totally required - or you can wait a couple hours until they set and are easier to manage.

There's really no way to convince myself these suckers aren't love handles in a pan. I use light PB, but that's about as good as it gets. I tried using light chocolate frosting but it kind of tasted like "plant" to me (don't ask why, I'm mental), and that mixed uncomfortably with the PB. I dunno, call me nuts.

These are bad, bad, bad, but good, good, good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home