May break my bones

Monday, October 24, 2005

Scone: Oatmeal Molasses Cookies

A truly yummy Oatmeal Molasses Cookie recipe. These guys are all about comfort for me. The molasses and spices bring a warmth and richness to the oatmeal. They're nice and moist and contain stuff from just about every food group... so yeah, they're actually good for you... ish.

These are my dad's favorite - try 'em and I'm sure you'll understand why!

3/4 cup molasses
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter**
1 egg
2 cups wheat flour (sometimes I cheat and use white flour, it's all good)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins

** Unless otherwise stated, I always use light butter, light cream cheese, skim cheese, half-fat graham crackers... yes, yes, it's very depressing but trust me, you won't notice the difference - I would never compromise the cookie. I have strenuously tested all these recipes, and if it really needs the full fat version, I'll tell you.

So, mix all this good stuff together in the order listed. You'll probably want to melt the butter so everything's nice and soupy before you put the dry ingredients in.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

Good times!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

I thank you for never compromising the cookies. I've benefitted from it greatly.

8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are these like lead balls? Spent my afternoon baking and threw 75% of the batter away (and all the cookies I baked.) Oatmeal cookies are supposed to be soft and flat. YUK

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home