May break my bones

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Scone: Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes

I’m never quite sure what to call this ‘chocolate chip cream cheese cupcake’ recipe… it always feels like there should be a more succinct way to put it. Maybe delicious is the word I’m looking for. These cupcakes are yummy, impressive looking and very easy. They were one of my favorites as a kid, and they’ve stood the test of time.

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cupcake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla

Cream the cheese, sugar, egg and salt together. Add the chocolate chips, set the filling aside.

Mix up the cupcake batter and spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about 1/3 of the way full. Top each with 1 generous tbs of the filling.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I know it's way too late to be posting on this, but I thought I'd let you know that I grew up on these too. One variation was half a marashino cherry on the top. We called them "Black Bottom Cupcakes." Insight into the snacking of a fat kid: with enough practice, you can eventually eat all the way around the cream cheese part without getting chocolate everywhere, and save that bit for last.

11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home